This page collects all resources relevant to the FreePDK45TM 45nm variant of the FreePDKTM process design kit.
The latest FreePDK45 distribution is version 1.4. The latest version of the FreePDK45 LithoSim kit is 1.2. You can download both of them here. You can load Nangate's new cell library here. You can sign up to receive email alerts of design kit updates on our extremely-low-traffic announcements mailing list.
- April 20, 2011 - We set up an extremely-low-traffic mailing list for announcing releases of new design kits.
- April 7, 2011 - Version 1.4 of the FreePDK45 kit has been released, with updated HSPICE models, improved schematic entry support, and antenna design rules. In addition, version 1.2 of the LithoSim kit has been released, with significant updates to the optical models. See the release notes below for details.
- July 28, 2009 - This month, Nangate released a new cell library based on the FreePDK45 version 1.3. This distribution contains slightly modified kit with new parasitic information. We are working with Nangate to evaluate these changes and to incorporate them into our distribution. Many thanks to Eduardo Flores at Nangate for his leadership in this effort.
- March 4, 2009 - Downloads have been enabled again, following the inclusion of a new click-through license for the SVRF technology included with the kit. Version 1.3 of the base-kit and version 1.1 of the LithoSim kit are now available for download. These new versions are essentially the same as versions 1.2 and 1.0 respectively, except that they contain copies of the new license file.
- November 24, 2008 - Version 1.0 of the LithoSim Kit has been released, allowing lithography simulations with Calibre LFD. The LithoSim kit can be downloaded from the same site as the FreePDK.
- March 10, 2008 - Version 1.2 of the kit has been released, now including the Standard-Cell Library from Oklahoma State University, along with updated design rules. Please see the release notes below for details.
- March 3, 2008 - Nangate has released a standard cell library based on Version 1.1 of the kit, available here.
- Release Notes (LithoSim Kit Release Notes)
- Using P-Cells
- Known Problems and Solutions
- Metal Layers
- Manufacturing Grid
- Design Rules
- LithoSim Kit Installation